Joshua Basset revela que sofreu abuso sexual várias vezes quando era mais jovem

"That excavation has turned up other, more serious traumas, he suddenly tells me. Midway through our conversation, Basset out of nowhere states that “I experienced sexual abuse a lot in my childhood.” He looks down and tears up as he continues: “I didn’t remember that until last year, which is pretty insane. I buried it so far. And when I was a teen, a much older man routinely abused me, and I wasn’t able to see it for what it was at the time.” “Set Me Free,” the third song released today, is in part about processing this experience, he says—he calls it “an anthem for me and the sort of people who’ve held pain and power over me my whole life.” He continues: “you’ve taken so much from me, but you don’t get to take all of me.” Bassett plans to explore this further on an episode of a podcast series dedicated to “heavy talks” that he says will launch next year—he says he can “hopefully help people who are experiencing that” and that he wants it to be “the podcast that I wish I had when I was a kid.”

9 postagens foram movidas para um tópico já existente: Para a GQ Magazine, Joshua Bassett revela que sofreu abuso durante a infância